Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Slight delay due to oil pump.

Another bit of information, turns out that most of the EFIs use a different oil pump than the carbs.   Since my carb motor came with an oil pump on it, I assumed I could use it.  Just to be sure I decided to remove the motor (I can now do this in less than 20 minutes) to check it out.  Lucky for me I had kept my pump from my original motor. Like a dummy I removed the pump from the motor so I could check internal workings.  Not lucky for me is that the two pumps look identical, so much so when things were moved on my work bench I could not tell which was which!  If there is a next time I will tag EVERYTHING.  Anyway, since they look so much a like, external and internal, I am just putting one on, and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment