Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Successful Fuel Pump Test!! A Minor milestone for the Project Arctic Cat ZR 600

Yes!  Just came in from the garage after a successful test of the Cat's fuel pump.   I took the supply fuel line off of the throttle body, and to my surprise old fuel came squirting out....didn't think that would happen.  After I wiped up that mess I put the end of the hose in to a clean clear plastic bottle, and then hooked two jumper wires to the fuel pump connection (remove the plastic lid off the tank, just under the handle bars and you will find the wires.)  I then connected it to a 12 volt DC source....make sure the battery is at least 12 volts...I had one that registered 11.92, and it wouldn't work. As soon as I made the final connection the pump ran, squirting out some more old fuel....then came the new stuff, albeit a little green from the Sea Foam, but clean none the less - no slime, crud, gunk or otherwise!  Now it's time to replace the fuel hoses, and from the way it looked, a good cleaning for the throttle body.

No comments:

Post a Comment